This week is Mental Health Awareness Week, the UK's national week to raise mental health awareness.
The week, hosted by the Mental Health Foundation, is in its 21st year & runs from 10th-16th May.
This year the theme is 'Nature.' Across the country, people will celebrate the Mental Health benefits of being around nature in their local community in various digital & creative ways.
What is Compleat doing to support Mental Health Awareness Week?
- Talking about ways we can improve our health on social media.
- A vision to plant a tree for every customer to ensure we keep our planet beautiful.
- A comfy clothes' policy, zero-hour commute, & a supportive network of people for our staff.
Some ways you can participate in Mental Health Awareness Week:
- During Mental Health Awareness Week, why not try to make a habit each day of connecting to nature in your local area? Stop to listen to the birdsong, smell the freshly cut grass, take care of a houseplant, notice any trees, flowers, or animals nearby. Then, take a moment to appreciate these connections.
- Share images/videos/or sound recordings of nature on your doorstep (& how this made you feel) on social media using #ConnectWithNature & #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
- Use Mental Health Foundation resources in your family, school, workplace, & community to join with thousands of people who will be finding new ways to connect with nature in their local environment.